Welcome to Community Services & Business Development
SPRING & SUMMER 2013
Click HERE to go directly to class descriptions and to register
Our SUMMER 2013 Bulletin is now available for online registration.
Call us at 760.795.6820 if You Have Any Questions.
|Read all about upcoming classes and events. Click HERE to view our catalog.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
You can register online, by phone at
Wednesday, 5/22 at 6 p.m.
Oceanside Campus, Room 7003
FREE INFO SESSION
Wednesday, 5/22 at 7 p.m.
Oceanside Campus, Room 7001
FREE INFO SESSION
MiraCosta Travel Club
Wednesday, 5/29 at 6:30 p.m.
San Elijo Campus, Student Center Room
FREE INFO SESSION
UPCOMING CLASSES, WORKSHOPS & EXCURSIONS
How to Profitably Manage Rental Properties
1 Monday, 5/20
Instructor: Pat & Kris Larkin
San Elijo Campus, Room 304
Fee: $45 + $35 MF
Hat Making: The Pill Box
2 Thursdays, 5/23 & 5/30
Instructor: Diane Carlson
San Elijo Campus, Room 406
Fee: $70 + $15 MF
How to Pursue a Career in Property Management
1 Thursday, 5/23
Instructor: Pat & Kris Larkin
San Elijo Campus, Room 302
Fee: $45 + $30 MF
760.795.6820, by mail, or in person at our office!
Class Grade Level Changes-College for Kids 2013:
Ace of Cakes: 7th- 11th
Sewing for Teens: 7th- 11th
3D Computer Game Development with Alice: 7th- 10th
New Class Additions to College for Kids 2013:
Session 1-June 24-28: VET Tech for 5th -7th grades at the San Elijo Campus, 1-4 p.m.
Session 3-July 18-12: Video Game Design with "Scratch" for 5th-7th grades at the San Elijo Campus, 1-4 p.m.
Session 6-July 29-Aug 2: Video Game Design with "Scratch" for 5th-7th grades at the Oceanside Campus, 1-4 p.m.
Call our Office to sign up for these amazing classes!!! 760.795.6820
College for Kids Bulletin
Our College for Kids classes are NOW available for registration. Check out our website: www.miracosta.edu/collegeforkids for more information.
New Community Services Calendar
Check out our new calendar! Our summer classes and workshops are ready to view. Check out the fun features that allow you to put the event on your personal calendar, send yourself updates if there are changes, and more!
Certificates of Accomplishment
Need to show the world that you took one of our excellent courses, workshops or programs? A Certificate of Accomplishment is available upon completion of any Community Services course or series of courses for just $15 per certificate. Call for details 760.795.6820.
Online Class Evaluations
Have you taken a class or workshop with us? We want to hear about your experience. Click HERE to fill out our online survey. Thank you for taking the time to help us evaluate and improve our programs. Please note that we may share your comments (anonymously) with the instructor or use as part of our marketing efforts.
For more information, contact our office or look through our Bulletin.
See updates, discounts and pictures by joining us on facebook by clicking "like" at this
Join our College for Kids facebook by clikcing "like" HERE.
CAREER CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS:
- Casino Dealer School. Course one covers poker, course two is house games, and course three is craps and roulette. Take one course for $1000 or all three for $2800. The next course will be July 22-September 27 at the Landes Center in Oceanside. Call 760.795.6820 for more information.
- Certified Armed Protection Specialist (CAPS) Program. The next class will be July 9-27th at our Oceanside Campus. Cost: $2650 (WIA and GI Funding approved). Call 760.795.6822 for more information.
- High Threat Protection Specialist. This program bridges the gap between conventional domestic protective operations and ware-zone PSD work. The next class will be July 28-August 15. Cost: $6875 (partial WIA and full GI funding approval). Call 760.795.6822 for more information.
- Facility Maintenance Technician Program. Learn a variety of skills used in the maintenance and repair of facilities such as factories, offices, schools, hospitals and apartment complexes. 136 hours of classroom instruction covering over 11 topics. The next class will be June 10-July 12 at the Landes Center in Oceanside. Cost: $1595 (WIA and GI Funding approved). Call 760.795.6820 for more information.
- Machinist Technology Program. This program is designed to meet industry's continued and growing need for trained machine operators and programmers, and will prepare students for employment in machine shops and manufacturing facilities. 480 hours of instruction. The next class is July 15-October 4 at the Landes Center in Oceanside. Cost: $5000. Call 760.795.6820 for more information.
- Not-For-Credit Online Certificate Programs, in partnership with Gatlin Education (a subsidiary of Ed2Go). For a list of programs, go to www.gatlineducation.com/MiraCosta. Open Enrollment.
- Not-For-Credit Online Medical Programs, in partnership with Career Step: Medical Transcription (Cost: $1,995); Medical Transcription with Editing (Cost: $2,495); Outpatient Medical Coding & Billing (Cost: $2,015); In/Outpatient Medical Coding & Billing (Cost: $2,390). New Pharmacy Technician program (Cost: $1,895). For more information, go to www.careerstep.com/miracosta. Open Enrollment.
- Not-For-Credit Online Electronics & Robotics Programs, in partnership with George Brown College: Electronics Technician (Cost: $1,750); Electromechanical Technician (Cost: $1,800); Programmable Logic Controller Technician (Cost: $1,800); Robotics Technician Certificate (Cost: $1,650). For more information, go to www.miracosta-gbc.com. Open Enrollment.
- Optical Assistant. This program is 90 hours of classroom instruction with 40 hours of externship. The next class will be June 1-August 24 at our Oceanside Campus. Cost: $1295. Call 760.795.6820 for more information.
- Veterinary Assistant. This program is 60 hours of classroom instruction with 40 hours of veterinary assistant externship. The next class will be June 8-August 17 at our Oceanside Campus. Cost: $790. Call 760.795.6820 for more information.
MiraCosta Travel ClubTrips for 2013–2014!
Join us for a fun slide presentation of these trips—FREE.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 from 6:30–8 p.m.
San Elijo Campus, Student Center Conference Room
Heritage of America
September 20, 2013. 10 Days. 14 Meals
Cost: Double Occupancy $2,899
pp after $100 early booking bonus
Country roads of the Emerald Isle-
A Cultural Journey Through Ireland
September 21, 2013. 11 Days. 14 Meals
Cost: Double Occupancy $3,849
pp after $2500 early booking bonus
Spectacular South Africa
October 17, 2013. 13 Days. 21 Meals
Cost: Double Occupancy $4,849
pp after $250 early booking bonus
Christmas on the Danube
November 28, 2013. 9 Days. 21 Meals
Cost: Double Occupancy $2,849
pp after $300 early booking bonus
Peru: Ancient Land of Mysteries
Spring 2014. 8 Days. 11 Meals.
Shades of Ireland
Spring 2014. 10 days. 13 Meals.