In this class, students will discover how employment law and employee relations can contribute to the success or failure of a business. Attention will be given to how the HR professional can minimize the liability of an organization by understanding and communicating policies and procedures that are grounded in a currently accepted legal framework. Additionally, students will learn how to get beyond the legal issues
to create a positive organizational culture.
• Federal and state guidelines for discrimination and sexual harassment
• Developing effective policies and procedures that address Equal Opportunity issues
• Legal considerations for hiring, firing, and promotion
• Developing employee handbooks and documentation policies
• Addressing workplace privacy issues
• Building the best possible culture to prevent problems from occurring