If you are interested in welding and other authentic manufacturing processes, this class is a great introduction (or opportunity to practice existing skills). Topics include:
• Oxy-acetylene welding, cutting, brazing, soldering
• SMAW: electrodes and positions
• GMAW: hardwire, short and spray arc, gas coverage
• FCAW: inner and dual shield
• GTAW: aluminum, magnesium, stainless steel, carbon steel, brass, and gas coverage
• Plasma arc cutting
Students will also learn fabrication math, specialty certifications, fabrication skills, job steps from start to finish, tacking, squaring, order of welding, and basic critical thinking.