Module 4 - DIGITAL ELECTRONICS
This module covers a wide variety of topics relating to digital electronics including number systems, logic gates, flip flops and counters. Boolean algebra and DeMorgan’s theorem is also introduced as well as troubleshooting and problem solving techniques for digital logic circuits. The logic gates presented in the course include AND, OR, NOR, NAND and inverters.
• Explain the binary number system.
• Convert binary numbers to decimal and decimal numbers to binary.
• Explain the hexadecimal number system.
• Convert hexadecimal numbers to binary and binary numbers to hexadecimal.
• Differentiate between natural binary and Binary Coded Decimal (BCD).
• Understand the ASCII code.
• Apply truth tables to troubleshooting digital circuits.
• List five logic gates.
• Describe the basic operation of an inverter.
• Explain the purpose of Boolean algebra.
• Understand logic gate combinations.
• Name eight Boolean theorems.
• Apply basic troubleshooting techniques to digital