Module 10 - LADDER LOGIC PROGRAMMING
This module provides an introduction to ladder logic
programming techniques using laboratory simulation
software. The lab component of the module provides
the student with an opportunity to write ladder
logic programs and test their operation through PLC
simulation. Topics covered in the course include
I/O instructions, safety circuitry, programming
restrictions and I/O addressing.
• Define ladder logic.
• Convert relay logic schematics to ladder logic.
• Write a ladder logic program using PLCLogix.
• Define the terms examine on and examine off.
• Explain the purpose of a latching relay instruction.
• Differentiate between a branch and a nested
• Describe the controller scan operation.
• Name two programming restrictions.
• Describe the use of Force instructions in PLC
• Explain the purpose of bit status flags.