Learn the necessary training to become an electronic assembler at an advanced manufacturing company:
• Soldering through-hole and surface mount single-lead/multi-lead components
• Soldering multi-pin IC chips
• Measuring and cutting wire
• Trimming insulation, crimping, connectorizing, molding and insulating connector ends
• Wrapping, bundling, shielding, insulating and security cable harnesses
• Mounting modules, components, connectors, cables and harnesses into chassis
Students will work toward IPC certification. In addition, students will learn the role of production in the manufacturing system and how certain skill sets, such as reading and analyzing acceptance criteria, testing, documentation and soldering are integral to the job.